Types of Business Licenses
The City of Roseville licenses the following list of businesses that operate within its borders:
- Amusement Device
- Cigarette and Tobacco Products
- Fireworks - Consumer
- Game Room
- Gasoline Pumps - Private
- Gasoline Station
- Liquor Licenses
- Massage Therapist
- Massage Therapy Establishment
- Pool / Billiards
- Recycling Contractor
- Sale of Christmas Trees
- Solid Waste Hauler
- Veterinarian Examination and Inoculation Center
Important Information Regarding Business Licenses
- All business license applications must be accompanied by a proof of worker's compensation insurance coverage form (PDF), and a tax identification disclosure form (PDF).
- Applications for licenses must be approved by the City Council before they are issued.
- Fees for various licenses can be found in Chapters 301-311 and Chapters 402-403 of the city code (PDF).
- Unless otherwise noted in the city code, all licenses are valid from July 1st to June 30th of the following year.
- Licenses that are granted after the beginning of the license year, July 1st, are prorated on a quarterly basis unless otherwise specified.
- Each license must be displayed in a conspicuous place at the business.
- All liquor license applicants must also obtain a buyer's card license from the state, and submit the proper state liquor license form to the city for approval by the city council. Upon approval, the state license will be signed and forwarded to the state. Allow 60 days for processing of your license.
- For gambling licenses, applicants must fill out the appropriate state gambling form, and submit to the Roseville Finance Department.
For questions regarding business licenses send an email or call 651-792-7036.
All application forms can be downloaded from the list as PDF documents above. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download a free copy.