One last time, for a $55 fee, the City of Roseville will pick up leaves in front of Roseville residents’ homes. Residents can register online or by mail but service orders must be received by Friday, October 23.
Register online at www.cityofroseville.com/leaf or return the postcard that was mailed to homes in late September. If a registration form is not completed and returned to the city for an address, leaves will not be picked up even if they are raked to the curb.
Under the program, the city picks up leaves in one of four sections of the Roseville over a specific set of days. Leaves must be at the curb on the first day of the pickup scheduled for each section. No return trips will be made after an area is completed.
When participating in the Leaf Pick Up Program, residents rake leaves into a pile no more than three feet from the street (do not rake into the street). Keep leaves away from mailboxes, trees, landscaping or other obstructions, and make sure there are no rocks or branches in the pile. This will clog the vacuum tube. For more information please visit www.cityofroseville.com/leaf.
After careful consideration, the Roseville City Council voted to discontinue the leaf pick up program after 2015. The cost of running the program was not able to sustain itself. Overall, costs continue to increase and as the price goes up registrations have declined. Additional capital costs would also be needed in order to keep the program running. Staff estimates that an additional $300,000 would be needed to replace aging equipment that is used only for the leaf pick up program.
Alternatives to the leaf pickup program:
Leaf Recycling Center Hours
- Compost and mix with other soil.
- Use as mulch to suppress weeds, conserve soil moisture and reduce soil erosion. Layer 2-4 inches of mulch around perennials to help them live through the winter.
- Arrange a pickup with your regular trash hauler. Haulers are required to take leaves to a compost facility. They may charge an additional fee.
- Drop off leaves at a free county yard waste site. Find locations at www.co.ramsey.mn.us/ph/rt/yard_waste_collection_sites.htm or call 651-633-EASY (3279).
- Roseville residents can drop leaves at the City’s Leaf Recycling Center at the southeast corner of Dale Street and County Road C. The site is open until November 26. Only leaves are accepted. Please take all leaf bags, including compostable bags, with you.
Monday through Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday - 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday - 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thank you for helping the environment by raking your leaves. It keeps debris and excess nutrients out of the storm water system, ponds, and lakes.