One of Roseville’s greatest assets is our outstanding parks and recreation system. We work hard to maintain our parklands. It takes a lot of work, and we couldn’t do it without the help of hundreds of volunteers.
Please consider volunteering for one of our programs. We provide plants, tools, training and supplies. You provide hard work, a spirit of fun and goodwill. Gardening experience is not necessary. Volunteers can help on a onetime basis or throughout the year.
- Arboretum Green Team – help tend the gardens at the Muriel Sahlen Arboretum. Plant, water, rake, weed and perform other tasks throughout the growing season.
- Blooming Boulevard – plant flowers along Lexington Ave. on Saturday, May 21. Volunteers can also help water and weed a section throughout the summer.
- Adopt-a-Park – individuals, businesses, and community groups adopt a specific park to plant and maintain flowers, pick up litter, and keep an eye open and reporting any damage or concerns.
- Natural Resources Leaders – help coordinate other volunteers and ongoing efforts to restore native plants and control invasive species.
- Orchard Planting – help establish an edible forest, plant, water and weed fruit trees and help set up vegetable plots.
- Playground Builds – help dig, drill, lift, organize and build new playgrounds at local parks.
To learn about these and other volunteer opportunities, contact Roseville Volunteer Coordinator Kelly O’Brien at email@example.com