Roseville seniors, we’ve got you covered. Roseville Parks and Recreation offers activities and programs designed especially for adults 50 years and older.
Most health experts agree on the benefits of adding exercise and social outings to your daily routine. It can help keep your brain sharp and your heart healthy. Exercise can help lower the risk of some cancers and help control diabetes and blood pressure. Exercise can improve range of motion and reduce some aches and pains.
- Over 50 and Fit: Exercise to videotapes in a fun, small group setting that emphasizes flexibility while increasing strength and stamina. Meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:00 a.m., year round at Roseville Skating Center, 2661 Civic Center Drive. Cost is $16.
- Tap for Older Adults: Beginning Tap meets at 8:30 a.m. and Intermediate Tap meets at 9:30 a.m. on Fridays beginning September 9 at Fairview Community Center, 1910 County Road B West. Cost is $50 for nine classes.
- Chair Yoga, Yoga for the Heart, or Intro to Yoga Therapy: Increase flexibility, balance and range of motion. Gently move your whole body using sitting and standing yoga poses. Three sessions to choose from. Classes meet at Autumn Grove Park, 1395 Lydia Ave W. Ten weeks of classes meet on Mondays or Tuesdays begin September 12. Cost is $99 for ten sessions. Call 651-791-7006 for times and to register.
- T’ai Chi Chih: No-sweat class to restore harmony and balance to your life. Classes meet at RosePointe, 2555 North Hamline Ave. at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesdays beginning September 27 through November 8. Cost $46 regular and $38 for Roseville residents for seven sessions.
- Older Adult Bowling: Meet Mondays, beginning September 12, for recreational bowling at Flaherty’s Arden Bowl, 1273 West County Road C, Arden Hills. Weekly cost of $8.00 for three games and coffee. Shoe rental $1.50. Games start at 9:30 a.m.
- Senior Skating: Arena skating is reserved for seniors on Wednesdays from 1:15 to 2:45 p.m. Cost is $4.00. Meet at the Roseville Skating Center, 2661 Civic Center Drive.
- Adult Trips: Daylong motorcoach trips to Duluth, Osceola and St. Croix, US Bank Stadium, and Holiday Lights. Contact Parks and Recreation Department at 651-792-7006 for dates, times, costs and trip details.
Register for any of the programs by calling 651-792-7110. Please talk with your health care provider before beginning a new exercise routine.