The Roseville City Council approved $12.6 million worth of parks construction projects at its May 12 meeting. This is a culmination of three years of work in which the City Council,
Parks and Recreation Commission, and city staff collaborated with residents to identify community wants and needs for Roseville Parks and Recreation Renewal Program.
The renewal program includes improvements and repairs to parks, natural resources, trails and recreation facilities throughout Roseville. The Roseville City Council authorized the City to enter into contracts with the following businesses to make improvement and repairs to the Roseville’s park system:
• Knutson Construction Building, Shelters and Site Work
• Black and Dew Inc Nature Center Improvements
• Janke General Contractors, Inc Bridges and Boardwalks
• Peterson Companies Lighting Systems Installation
• Bituminous Roadways Inc Tennis Court Repairs
• Urban Companies LLC Field Improvements
• Anderson Irrigation Irrigation Repairs
• Stantec Consulting Services Inc Natural Resources
• Kevin Casey LLC Disc Golf Course Improvements
• TA Schifsky and Sons Inc Sidewalk County Road B2 and Victoria Ave
• Bituminous Roadways Inc Sidewalks and Pathways Various Parks
This will be a multi-year effort to improve Roseville’s parks system. Construction will be done in stages, with completion scheduled for the fall of 2016.
The city will celebrate the start of the improvements on Saturday, May 31, starting at 1:00 p.m. at Lexington Park, 2131 Lexington Ave. St. Mayor Dan Roe together with Councilmembers and Parks and Recreation Commissioners, City Manager Pat Trudgeon and Parks and Recreation Director Lonnie Brokke will host a kick off program at 2:00 p.m.