Where do you get rid of old fertilizer? What do you do with unwanted paint or pesticides? Ramsey County offers a safe alternative to dispose of household hazardous waste (HHW).
The HHW collection sites located throughout Ramsey County will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Fridays and from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Staff recommends that you visit in mid-afternoon when traffic is usually low.
HHW Collection Locations
- June - Roseville, 1725 Kent Street
- July - Arden Hills, 1352 Ben Franklin Road, North of Highway 96 and west of Hamline Ave.
- August - St. Paul, 848 Pleasant Ave., Ice Arena parking lot
- September - Falcon Heights, 1616 Como Ave., near State Fairgrounds
- October – Maplewood, 1850 White Bear Ave., Aldrich Arena parking lot
A year-round HHW drop-off site for Ramsey County residents is located at Bay West, 5 Empire Drive, St. Paul. Get more information at Ramseyrecycles.com
or call 651-633-EASY (3279). Calls answered 24/7.
Hazardous waste, including any products labeled poisonous, flammable or corrosive, fluorescent and mercury vapor lamps, mercury thermostats and switches, old gasoline, paint and lead paint chips, solvents, pesticides, antifreeze and motor oil and filters can be disposed of for free. Visit rethinkrecycling.com for tips on reducing amount of household hazardous waste you generate.